InVEST is family of models to explore ecosystem service benefits and tradeoffs between spatial planning scenarios at a regional scale.
The InVEST tool suite mostly consists of open source platform independent models, although some models require an ArcGIS computing platform. Part of ongoing InVEST software development focuses on transitioning all models off the ArcGIS platform. The following table is a guide to show which models are supported on each platform.
|Model||Windows Standalone||ArcGIS 9.3/10.0|
|Managed Timber Production||x|
|Sediment Retention||x (unstable)||x|
|Nutrient Retention||x (unstable)||x|
|Carbon Storage and Sequestration||x|
|Marine Water Quality||x|
|Habitat Risk Assessment||x (beta)||x|
|Marine Fish Aquaculture||x|
|Coastal Erosion Protection||x|
The ArcGIS based tools have additional software requirements
- ArcGIS 9.3 (service pack 1 or higher) or ArcGIS 10 (service pack 1 or higher)
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension
- Marine Python Extensions for ArcGIS 9.3/Python 2.5 Only required for ArcGIS marine models.
- Marine Python Extensions for ArcGIS 10/Python 2.6 Only required for ArcGIS marine models.
- Marine Python Extensions for ArcGIS 10.1/Python 2.7 Only required for ArcGIS marine models.