Download InVEST 2.5.3
InVEST is a family of ecosystem service evaluation tools. Historically, the Natural Capital Project developed these models in the ArcGIS computing platform. Although this allowed us to prototype tools quickly, we found a dependency on the ArcGIS framework to be a limiting factor in collaborating with a wide audience of potential users as well as a crutch in the development of advanced functionality of the InVEST toolset.
Version 2.5.3 was released on March 21, 2013 and contains both ArcGIS dependent and standalone tools. The following table illustrates which models are available in which platform.
|Model||"3.0" Standalone||ArcGIS 9.3/10.0|
|Crop Pollination||x||x (deprecated)|
|Managed Timber Production||x||x|
|Sediment Retention||x (beta)||x|
|Water Purification (nutrient)||x (beta)||x|
|Carbon Storage and Sequestration||x||x (deprecated)|
|Marine Water Quality||x|
|Habitat Risk Assessment||x (alpha)||x|
|Overlap Analysis||x||x (deprecated)|
|Marine Fish Aquaculture||x||x (deprecated)|
|Coastal Vulnerability||x (alpha)||x|
|Wave Energy||x||x (deprecated)|
The standalone tools require Windows Vista or later, but otherwise have no system requirements (InVEST 3.0 standalones are not supported on Windows XP at the moment). Generally the models will benefit from a high-end machine (large amounts of RAM and processing power), but is not a requirement.
The ArcGIS based tools have the following requirements
- ArcGIS 9.3 (service pack 1 or higher) or ArcGIS 10 (service pack 1 or higher)
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension
- Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL) Extension Only required for the ArcGIS pollination model.
- Marine Python Extensions for ArcGIS 9.3/Python 2.5 Only required for ArcGIS marine models.
- Marine Python Extensions for ArcGIS 10/Python 2.6 Only required for ArcGIS marine models.
- Marine Python Extensions for ArcGIS 10.1/Python 2.7 Only required for ArcGIS marine models.
A user's guide is included with InVEST and is also available online here: Online InVEST 2.5.3 User's Guide
Users are encouraged to submit bug reports directly to our
Issues can be directly sent to
email@example.com. Additionally there is an InVEST user email list at firstname.lastname@example.org, please consider joining to receive update notices and connect with other InVEST users. When submitting a bug report please include the following
- The InVEST model that's failing.
- Explicit error message or behavior (a copy and paste of the log output is helpful).
- If possible, a screenshot of the state of your InVEST toolset when you get the error.
- ArcGIS version and service pack number.
- If we cannot easily resolve your error, we may need your original datasets to recreate the error on our end.
These downloads are required for some old models. Refer to the user's guide for a particular model for more information.