Upcoming Events & InVEST Trainings
InVEST Training - Latin AmericaOctober 23-35, 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
Ecosystem services in decision-making (Day 1)
- Biodiversity, ecosystem services and human-well being
- Why use ecosystem service planning?
- Using scenarios and trade-offs to tell your story
- Stakeholder engagement
- Overview of InVEST
- Preview of new Water Funds design tool RIOS (Resource Investment Optimization System)
Modeling ecosystem services using InVEST (Days 2 and 3)
- Water yield for hydropower production
- Nutrient retention for drinking water quality
- Habitat quality and risk assessment for biodiversity
- Coastal vulnerability and coastal protection
- Flood mitigation
- Aesthetic Quality
On Days 2 and 3, we want to allow as much time as possible for hands-on training, so we have created a short preparatory program that is required for attendees to complete before the workshop. This program consists of:
InVEST Training - EuropeNovember 5-9, 2012
Information is now available online from our host institution, Instituto Superior Tecnico, on this InVEST training, including course information and how to formally register for the training. This one week course will cover nearly all of our marine and terrestrial InVEST models, as well as tips and techniques on how best to deploy our tools and approaches in the field. To learn more visit: ecosystemservicescourse2012.org
InVEST Training - Stanford UniversityMarch, 2013
We will be holding an InVEST training in Mexico City in October. More details will be posted soon.
RIOS & InVEST Training - Latin AmericaSpring, 2013
Our Resource Investment Optimization System (RIOS) water funds tool should be publicly released sometime in the spring of 2013. The official release of the software program will be accompanied by an RIOS and InVEST training to be held somewhere in Latin America.
Register for an InVEST Training
By completing this form you agree to sign up for our mailing list. We will not share or sell your information, and you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time.